Over many years the firm has established a strong reputation for services helping and guiding clients through the various changing needs and problems related to their lives. This has developed into a specialised division within the firm providing help and guidance for individuals and families to protect and safeguard their interests and property. Our services:
There are members of our Private client team who specialise in the following areas of work:
- Wills including Inheritance Tax planning
- Powers of Attorney – financial and welfare
- Guardianship and interventions orders
- Advanced Directives or “living wills”
- Creating Discretionary Trusts and other trusts
- Trust administration
- Executries – dealing with someone’s affairs after they have died
- Estate planning for families
- Preserving assets, including the family home and care costs mitigation
You can arrange to discuss any of these matters with a free initial interview following which no work would be undertaken without confirmation of costs.
Everyone involved in this aspect of our work has many years’ experience and will
Act with total honesty and in the best interests of our clients.
Be sensitive towards the needs of our clients
Provide a written estimate of costs (our fee and all outlays that we would have to pay on your behalf) for any work to be carried out.
Be courteous and respectful and respond to our clients in an appropriate manner.
See our clients in an environment that is suitable to them e.g. our ground floor office, their own home, residential home, hospital.
Welcome attendance from family members or trusted friend at a meeting when requested by the client
Understand the extra importance of all of these considerations particularly in relation to our older, vulnerable or frail clients.
Private client Team
Alison Ramsay MBE