Custody – Contact and Residence

These are the terms used under Scots law which may be more commonly known as Access (Contact) and Custody (Residence).

If you have split from your partner and have been able to agree arrangements for any children you have then you may want to put that in writing and we can assist you with drawing up an Agreement. If however there is a dispute between you and your partner then we recommend that you consult with us to advise you of your rights and options. Most disputes can be resolved by negotiation however if this is not possible then the matter may require to be decided by Court.

We have a broad experience in dealing with all types of contact and residence issues, both in Scotland and disputes that reach across the border and can offer sympathetic and understanding advice.